Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff.
- Fatherhood gets a lot of press in a new publication: Research Perspective on Work and the Tranistion to Motherhood.
- Fatherhood is the focus of world-wide research:
- Become Father-friendly certified – check out the My Dad Matters online toolkit. Take it on your own or as a group. http://www.dadcentral.ca/MDM_online_toolkit
- Check out these funny takes on fatherhood and parenting – http://www.boredpanda.com/father-son-family-comics-lunarbaboon/
- Early Literacy tips for dads. Check out these resources Dad Central has just produced.
- Dad Central Ontario is partnering on two important projects:
- Canadian Correntions Family Network – funding received from Movemeber
- The Learning Partnership – funding received from The Trillium Foundation
- Got any stories or pictures to share from the first day of school? Post them to Twitter or Facebook using #thingsdadsdo.