Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff.
- The 2nd Canadian Father Invovlement Conference is booked for Mar 1 & 2, 2017 in Winnpeg, MB. This year’s focus is Side-by-Side: Strategies for Working with Vulnerable Fathers. We are presently accepting submissions for workshops and poster presentations. Deadline is Oct 31, 2016. Please see these forms:
- Check out this webinar: Ten Tips for Dads and Those Who Work with Them
- Brand new: Tips Sheets for Engaging Fathers. Check them out on mydad.ca here.
- Ever thought of using Kijiji to promote a fathering program? Check out what Niagara Public Health has done here.
- It Starts with You It Stays with Him – check out the fatherhood focus of the White Ribbon Campaign, encouraging fatherhood and male role models to step up for the boys in their lives.
A New Niche? The Theory of Grandfather Involvement. Grandfathers matter and they are changing the ways they are actively involved in enaging and supporting their families.