Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff.
- Call for Workshop and Poster Presentations for the 2nd Canadian Father Involvement Conference. Due Oct 31. Check out here: english (2017-dcc-call-for-proposalsen) and french (2017-dcc-call-for-proposalsfr).
- Children are often the silent voices during cases of domesitc violence. This study looks at the issues from the child’s perspective.
- How do caregivers manage the decision to tell children about their incarcerated father? This study gives us some insight.
- Dad Central Ontario will be at the OAICD conference in Windsor (Oct 20,21) and the Ontario Health Promotion Association Forum in Toronto (Nov 8).
- Fathers with gay sons. A small research study looking at how these relationships fare.
And don’t forget #thingsdadsdo when you tweet and post to Facebook about fatherhood.