Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff. If you have anything you would like posted here, please send it our way.
- The Young & Potential Fathers Initiative addresses the cycles of disengagement, lack of resources and lack of visible role models for young racialized fathers in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, with a specific focus on African Canadians. The initiative will strengthen the capacity of individuals, families and the community at large to provide direct support to young fathers and their children.
- Abby Dads – support for fathers in Abbotsford, BC. They provide a well-rounded set of programs and activities for dads and the kids.
- Work with young dads? Here is Brian Russell sharing some thoughts on the life of the young father.
- Side-by-Side Conference Update: Philip Sevigny’s keynote summary:When working with marginalized fathers, it is usually relatively easy to have them discuss their various difficulties and challenges. However, when searching for ways to deal with difficulties, it is important to focus upon available strengths and resources. One promising approach entails the identification and intentional utilization of personal character strengths. Want to hear more? Register here.
- dadcentral.ca is getting a face-lift. Be watching for the new-look website coming soon.
- Can Dad Central be part of your conference or event? We have professional development and training workshops on a number of topics. We are also able to craft something that fits your agenda and needs. Let us know if we can help.