Welcome to The Directive – a regular assortment of news, research, and facts about fatherhood. Please share this info with others you thiknk may be interested.
T-shirt Design Contest
Fatherhood has a lot of different meanings. Dad Central Canada is looking for those ideas to be promoted on a t-shirt that will be sent out across the country.
Do you have an image, saying, or logo idea that reflects the value of fatherhood?
We are looking for creative designs that could promote the importance of fathers/men in the healthy development of children.
Get all the details here. Deadline is Mar 30.
National Fatherhood Survey
We are looking for Canadian dads and men who are parenting to complete a survey to give us a glimpse of fatherhood across the country. You can help promote this by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, email, and any other platform you can think of.
- May 5 – Hastings County (Belleville, ON) My Dad Matters Community Training. If you are in the Hastings/North Hastings Counties area, you are welcome to join us. Flyer is here.
- June 13 – Into the Circle: Engaging Indigenous Men on the Journey of Fatherhood – Toronto, ON. Do you work with Indigenous families? Into the Circle is a conversation focused on engaging men. This is a “Save the Date” notice. More details will follow.
March Madness Sale
Are you looking to get some great fathering resources from the Dad Central Resource Store? End-of-fiscal spending is upon many of us. We are offering a 20% discount for all orders up to and including Mar 31, 2017. Coupon code is “marchmadness”. Stock up now! store.dadcentral.ca
Look for Dad Central Canada at the following events
- Apr 27 & 28 – Infant Mental Health Promotion conference (Toronto,ON)
- May 3 – Baby-friendly Initative Ontario Expo (Oakville, ON)
- May 29 – CAPC SW Zone conference (London, ON)
Do you have an idea for a conference Dad Central could exhibit or offer a workshop at? Let Brian know.
What Do You Think?
How do you think the Canadian Liberal Party’s plan to extend parental benefits to 18 months will affect fathers and families? Leave your comments below.