Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff. If you have anything you would like posted here, please send it our way.
- Into the Circle: Joining the Journey of Indigenous Fatherhood. This is professional development training for anyone working with First Nations families and fathers: June 13 in Toronto, ON. All details are here: https://intothecircle.eventbrite.ca
- Seed Funding Applications 2017 now being accepted. Do you have something new in mind for fathers in Ontario? Apply for some seed funding to help you get started. Get the details here.
- My Dad Matters Community Training – Hasting County. Are you in the Hastings/North Hastings County area? There will be a full-day community training and network building for engaging fathers on May 5. More details here.
- Quebec fathers and paternity leave: Findings show that “taking leave alone allows fathers to develop a relationship of paternity as intense as the mother with the child.” Find out more here.
- The new Breast-feeding Coparenting Framework brings fathers into the picture as a key support for effective breast-feeding. Read more about this study.
- Just released: Daddy’s Home. Check out this documentary from the Rosalie Hall Young Parent Resource Centre in Toronto. Young dads tell their stories.
- We have over 650 surveys completed for the National Fatherhood Survey. There is still time to share: english french
- Where we will be:
- Apr 6 – Sandbox Summit!, Toronto, ON
- Apr 27/28 – Infant Mental Health Promotion Conference, Toronto, ON