Welcome to The Directive. This is a regular assortment of father related news stories, information, and fun stuff. If you have anything you would like posted here, please send it our way.
- Do you work with Indigenous families? We are hosting Into the Circle with Native Child and Family Services on June 13 in Toronto. Share your ideas and learn from others about the role Indigenous fathers have and how we can support them. All the details are here.
- Interesting campaign to deal with gender inequality – search #sharetheload on Facebook, Twitter, or the web.
- Super Dads Super Kids training in Alberta. Interested in getting facilitation training on a program for dads and kids? Edmonton (May 23) and Calgary (May 25). Contact Brian for more information.
- Do you have a community program, service, or resource for fathers that you would like to promote? Dad Central can help. Complete the form on this page and we will follow up with you.
- The National Father Involvement survey is going well. One tidbit of the results: when asked where dads go to for information and support, 34% of fathers say “I try my best and see what happens”. Be watching for more results. Feel free to share and/or complete the english and french versions.
Do you have something you want to share, feel free to pass it along.