Engaging Dads is as much skill as it is knowledge development. Dad Central Ontario can help you grow your father-friendliness through training that focuses on understanding key aspects of father involvement. This includes best practices and action planning. Here are the training opportunities we offer:
It’s a Dad’s Life
A general overview of understanding father involvement.
- factors affecting fatherhood
- uniqueness of the father-child bond
- overview of best practices
- action planning for your organization or community
My Dad Matters Online Certification
Become certified “Father-friendly” by completing this online program. Review issues facing fathers today, discover best practices, and develop your action plan. Do it on your own or as an agency.
Super Dads Super Kids
Facilitator training to offer the SDSK program in your community.
Super Dads Super Kids is an 8 session father-child interactive program focused on skill development and building knowledge on topics fathers are asking about.
Into the Circle
A focus on Aboriginal fatherhood. We focus on bringing fathers into the circle of raising children.
- influences on fatherhood
- barriers to involvement
- how the community can support fathers
Believe in Me
A focus on young fathers.
- what influences young dads today
- the stereotypes young fathers face
- discusses what young dads need in order to stay connected with their child
A Man to Count On
Fathers involved in domestic violence need understanding and support in order to make changes. This training gives an overview of how fatherhood and domestic violence intersect and what we can do to begin bringing about change.
- Fathers Role in Infant Mental Health and Secure Attachment
- Fathers and mental health
- Fathers with children with special needs
- New Dads transition to fatherhood
- Assessment of Father-friendliness
- Community Leadership in Father Involvement
- half-day or full day workshops
- staff/agency meeting presentation
- in-person or tele/video conference
Dad Central Ontario can also set up an exhibit at conference and community events.
Interested in getting more information?
Contact us at email@example.com
If there are specific topics not mentioned here that you would like to learn about, please let us know.
All the services and resources from Dad Central Ontario are available on a cost-recovery basis.
Fees are based on facilitation time, travel costs, and available funding.